Hey, I had to use a dental amalgam two years back to fill my cavities. Now I wish to remove that as my teeth are completely healthy. The very sight of the silver plating makes me irritated and am planning to have a safe amalgam removal ( http://www.rootsonwhytedental.com/services/mercury-amalgam-replacement/ ) from Edmonton next week. I have heard that amalgam contains Mercury. Is it true? Will it cause any side effects on removal? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Long story short, I generally don’t recommend getting amalgams replaced unless they are wearing out (but I can understand why people do). They do contain mercury, but you get far far more mercury exposure from environmental sources (such as eating fish) or having them removed than you do from amalgams in your mouth.